Prop 3 – Preserve the Past and Invest in the Future
The upcoming April 2019 municipal Vote-By-Mail election contains Proposition 3, a bond to rehabilitate essential municipal facilities, titled AREAWIDE FACILITIES CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECT BONDS.
This modest investment will help rehabilitate and maintain public facilities that provide essential city functions and serve thousands of residents across our community on a daily basis:
- Mountain View, Girdwood and Loussac Libraries
- Anchorage Senior Center
- Chugiak Senior Center
- Anchorage Memorial Cemetery
- West High Pool
- MOA’s Porcupine Building in Mountain View and Fleet Maintenance Building
This election is vote by mail. Ballots will be mailed on March 12 and may be returned to a secure drop box, an Accessible Vote Center, or mailed with a first class stamp. Additional instructions will be included with the ballot and can be found at muni.org/VotebyMail. Ballots are due by April 2, 2019.
Facts About Prop 3 – issued by Municipality of Anchorage
Thanks for passing Prop 7 in 2018! Thanks to you, the following projects are underway:
- Chugiak-Eagle River Library is getting an Automated Material Handling System (like Loussac’s). The new system will help staff keep up with the neighborhood’s voracious reading habits and provide faster service.
- The Loussac Library is upgrading its security system with new full-color cameras for the whole building, to provide a safer environment for patrons and staff.
This information paid for by the Anchorage Library Foundation, P.O. Box 244714, Anchorage, AK 99524.