Thank you voters for passing the $1.15M Facility Bond for Senior Centers and Loussac Library!
Prop 2 will provide $500,000 for the new Alaska Room at Loussac Library and helps secure critical federal matching funds. This now gets us to the final stage of fundraising. Over the next year, the Library Foundation will raise the remaining funds and we hope to start construction by 2023. Meanwhile the Mayor’s Task Force on the Alaska Room, a diverse 25-member steering committee that is informing the Library on design and program decisions, will continue their work to design a space that is welcoming and celebrates ALL who have contributed to making our city and state what it is today.
Learn more about the Alaska Room project.
Who uses public facilities?
- Over 100,000 people a year use the Anchorage Senior Center including students, non-profits, dance groups and the business community
- Municipal residents use public libraries regularly – Anchorage Public Library sees almost a MILLION visits per year
- All three facilities have been serving our community with altered services during COVID
What will the bond pay for?
- Chugiak-Eagle River Senior Center: septic system engineering assessment, apartment renovations, and design/construction of additional apartments
- Anchorage Senior Center: ADA guards and handrails, repair/replace windows, and other safety upgrades
- The new Alaska Room at Loussac Library: the Library’s $500,000 portion of the bond is being matched with a $390,000 federal grant and $700,000 in private donations
Who owns these facilities? We do!
- These are city owned properties
- These are heavily used buildings that serve the entire municipality
This message paid for by the Anchorage Library Foundation, PO Box 244714, Anchorage, AK 99524.