Prop 7 for Seniors and Libraries – Passes by 55%
Thank you Anchorage, Eagle River, Chugiak and Girdwood for passing Proposition 7! These funds will pay for fixing up Anchorage Senior Activity Center, Chugiak-Eagle River Senior Center, the Loussac and Mountain View Libraries, and more. We will keep you posted as these projects begin later this year.
Who uses public facilities?
- Over 100,000 people a year use the Anchorage Senior Center including students, non-profits, dance groups and the business community.
- Municipal residents use public libraries regularly. Anchorage public libraries have almost a MILLION visits per year.
What will the bond pay for?
- Leaking roof renovations
- Leaking windows and skylight replacement
- Earthquake/seismic modifications
- Buckling carpet and flooring replacement
- Building safety rehabilitation
- Elevator modernization
Who owns these facilities?
- These are city owned properties.
- These are heavily used buildings that serve the entire municipality.
This message paid for by the Anchorage Library Foundation, PO Box 244714, Anchorage, AK 99524.