Vote YES on Prop 7 for Seniors and Libraries!
If approved, Proposition 7 will pay for fixing up Anchorage Senior Activity Center, Chugiak-Eagle River Senior Center, the Loussac and Mountain View Libraries, and more. The entire bond amount is $5.3 million. The tax increase would amount to approximately $1.35 per $100,000 of assessed value per household.
Vote Yes on Prop 7, titled AREAWIDE FACILITIES CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECT BONDS on your municipal ballot. Let’s take care of what we’ve got!
Who uses public facilities?
- Over 100,000 people a year use the Anchorage Senior Center including students, non-profits, dance groups and the business community.
- Municipal residents use public libraries regularly. Anchorage public libraries have almost a MILLION visits per year.
What will the bond pay for?
- Leaking roof renovations
- Leaking windows and skylight replacement
- Earthquake/seismic modifications
- Buckling carpet and flooring replacement
- Building safety rehabilitation
- Elevator modernization
Who owns these facilities?
- These are city owned properties.
- These are heavily used buildings that serve the entire municipality.
Ballots mailed March 17 and due April 7.
This message paid for by the Anchorage Library Foundation, PO Box 244714, Anchorage, AK 99524.