The Friends of the Library book sales include books and DVDs for all ages and come from community donations and library discards. All proceeds go to the Friends of the Library which contributes between $80-120K a year to the library for programming and collections.
When and Where
The next book sale is on May 15-16, 2021 at Loussac Library:
Loussac Library, enter through back entrance on side facing Natural Pantry
Saturday, May 15, 10-4pm: Friends of the Library members-only (you can become a member at the door)
Sunday, May 16, 10-4pm
COVID Operating Guidelines:
- Limited capacity
- Masks and social distancing required
- All prices $1 or $2
- No Alaskana or rare books – check back in November
Volunteer at the Book Sale
Almost every person working the book sale is a volunteer. If you are interested in helping out with setup, working the sale or tear-down, contact our coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Donate to the Book Sale
The Library accepts donations of like-new materials for the book sales. We’re especially interested in donations of hardcover bestselling titles and authors in both fiction and nonfiction, picture books, juvenile and teen series and DVDs.
The Library does not accept the following materials: VHS and audio tapes, magazines, text books, law books, encyclopedias, or condensed editions.
- Donations can be delivered to the loading dock at the Loussac Library (facing Barrow Street, near the book drops) Tuesday-Thursday, 10 am-1 pm. Limit 2 boxes per donation.
- To arrange a large donation (more than 2 bankers boxes) please e-mail email@example.com.
- Donations to other APL locations must be coordinated with the Neighborhood Library Manager. Click here for contact details for all APL libraries.
- APL Material Donations Policy