Do you love the Library? Do you want to help make the Library a better place? Become a Friend of the Library! Contributions to the Friends go to support Summer Learning programs, Live at the Library and put materials on the shelves.
$10 Student/Senior (Under 18 or over 65)
Click here to contribute to the Friends of the Library.
- Increase the visibility of the Library
- Add to the Library collection
- Support Library activities and programs
- Advocate for literacy and the Library
The Friends donates approximately $90,000 a year for books, media, funding of the Summer Reading Celebration, Live @ the Library concerts and other library projects. In addition, the Friends have helped build collections at all neighborhood libraries.
Fund-raising activities include:
- Beyond the Stacks: A fun, festive evening with dinner and auctions in April
- Book Sales: the first weekend in May and the first weekend in November
- Participation in Mitzvah Mall in December each year
A separate entity from the Public Library, the Friends of the Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Tax I.D. #92-0110895.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or questions.
Friends of the Library Board of Directors, 2016-2017
Brooks Chandler, President
Mary Rasmussen, Vice President
Cathy Steen, Treasurer
Carol Sturgulewski, Secretary
Shannon Jones, Beyond the Stacks Chairperson
Friends of the Library
P.O. Box 241325
Anchorage, AK 99524
Tax I.D. #92-0110295
Volunteer for Friends of the Library:
- Beyond the Stacks – Join the BTS Organizing Committee or sign up to work the event. Contact Shannon Jones at email@example.com. Click here for the Beyond the Stacks page.
- Book Sales – Volunteers needed to help price books, to sell books online, to help organize sales or to help distribute books to social service agencies and organizations in the community.
Click here for the Books Sales page.