Organization / Business
- Increase the visibility of the Library
- Add to the Library collection
- Support Library activities and programs
- Advocate for literacy and the Library
The Friends donates approximately $90,000 a year for books, media, funding of the Summer Reading Celebration, Live @ the Library concerts and other library projects. In addition, the Friends have helped build collections at all neighborhood libraries.
- Beyond the Stacks: A fun, festive evening with dinner and auctions in April
- Book Sales: the first weekend in May and the first weekend in November
- Participation in Mitzvah Mall in December each year
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or questions.
Volunteer for Friends of the Library
- Beyond the Stacks – Join the BTS Organizing Committee or sign up to work the event. Contact Cathy Steen at email@example.com.
- Book Sales – Volunteers needed to help price books, to sell books online, to help organize sales or to help distribute books to social service agencies and organizations in the community.
Board of Directors
Mary Rasmussen, President
Kim Dunn, Vice-president
Carol Sturgulewski, Secretary
David Levy, Treasurer
Friends of the Library
P.O. Box 241325
Anchorage, AK 99524
A separate entity from the Public Library, the Friends of the Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Tax I.D. #92-0110895.