Do you love the Library? Do you want to help make the Library a better place? Become a Friend of the Library! Contributions to the Friends go to support Summer Learning programs, Live at the Library and put materials on the shelves.
$10 Student/Senior (Under 18 or over 65)
Click here to contribute to the Friends of the Library.
- Increase the visibility of the Library
- Add to the Library collection
- Support Library activities and programs
- Advocate for literacy and the Library
The Friends donates approximately $90,000 a year for books, media, funding of the Summer Reading Celebration, Live @ the Library concerts and other library projects. In addition, the Friends have helped build collections at all neighborhood libraries.
Fund-raising activities include:
- Beyond the Stacks: A fun, festive evening with dinner and auctions in April
- Book Sales: the first weekend in May and the first weekend in November
- Participation in Mitzvah Mall in December each year
A separate entity from the Public Library, the Friends of the Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Tax I.D. #92-0110895.
Email us at email@example.com with comments or questions.
Friends of the Library Board of Directors
Mary Rasmussen, President
Kim Dunn Vice-president
Carol Sturgulewski, Secretary
Anna Breuninger, Treasurer
Friends of the Library
P.O. Box 241325
Anchorage, AK 99524
Tax I.D. #92-0110295
Volunteer for Friends of the Library:
- Beyond the Stacks – Join the BTS Organizing Committee or sign up to work the event. Contact Cathy Steen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book Sales – Volunteers needed to help price books, to sell books online, to help organize sales or to help distribute books to social service agencies and organizations in the community.